Fall afresh on me

"But You have exalted my horn like that of the wild ox;
You have poured over me fresh oil."
Psalm 92:10


Last weekend, I had the privilege of attending a youth conference with my church's group of bustling, excited youths. It was the first conference I'd attended in a while, and the first that I attended not as a youth myself, but as a leader. It was an exciting time, realizing that I am indeed embarking upon adulthood and being handed responsibilities I've been dreaming of. Yes, being a chaperone for a group of young teenagers going to a church conference has been a dream of mine. I grew so much in those years, and the people in leadership over me had an immense impact on my life, if only by being an example of the pursuit of Christ. For me, taking a role like that is how I best saw to sow back into the ministry that the Lord changed my life through. 
I was intimidated and doubtful at my ability to be a leader in this capacity, and I know those thoughts did not come from holy ground, for 
The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me,
    because the Lord has anointed me
to bring good news to the poor;
    he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim liberty to the captives,
    and the opening of the prison to those who are bound;
Isaiah 61:1
 This weekend taught me to be stand strong in the faith that I have been given, and to seek what I've been called to. I learned to be humble, and to seek the Spirit's leading. I learned that God does amazing things for those who are expecting it. Most of all, I learned that God can facilitate His will through even me, which still blows my mind. His faithfulness is so great, and I have been a joyful witness to this. The Lord is good! I'm looking forward now to what is coming in my journey with Him, and to what His will is going to do through me. 
Now, I'm praying for a fresh anointing. I'm praying for God to do a new thing in me, and let that new thing be something that I can share with those around me. 
"But You have exalted my horn like that of the wild ox;
You have poured over me fresh oil."
Psalm 92:10
I'm claiming it!

Popular posts from this blog

Must be something about the spring

Every Captive Free

Why 14 year old me wouldn't recognize 20 year old me